Friday, April 20, 2007

Go Oprah!

Today The Oprah Show was about "Going Green." Oprah asked viewers to make just one of the changes suggested in her program. I think this is such a great thing. Having Oprah on our side, helping all of us spread the word about how we can change the world with simple, baby steps is really fantastic. I started this blog a couple of months ago because I wanted to learn about Global Warming and, through the process, write about my learnings. I wanted to find good ways to have an impact on reducing my/our carbon footprint. I was not the only one. I see people everywhere on the Net that have discussions about it, web sites full of informations and tips, Time magazine and Vanity Fair dedicating issues and their covers to the problem, and a cover and even better, to the solutions that we, as citizens of the Earth, can apply. Now Oprah. With the media behind this, I feel a sense of hope.

4 comments:

Dushka said...

Viva! Viva Oprah!

Anonymous said...

Luca,
Elle and Vogue magazines hace green articles on their may issues. Green fashion? COOL!!!!
Un beso,
ANA

Luca said...

I saw them. Really cool. Un abrazo.

Vertical Wind Turbines said...

A windmill is a machine that converts kinetic wind energy into mechanical energy. A turbine is a machine that further converts that mechanical energy into electrical energy. A turbine is also referred to as a wind energy converter.

Wind turbines are of two types; a horizontal wind turbine, which has its rotor shaft placed at the top of its body and must be pointed at the wind, and a vertical wind turbine which has its rotor placed vertically and at a lower point.